Pineapple Crisp

I have been wanting to make this recipe for awhile now, but my husband hates pineapple and especially crushed pineapple. After reading several reviews, I learned that most people said you could not taste the pineapple. I decided to go ahead and make it without telling him. I made it before going to my meeting last night and left him to serve dinner to the kids. When I came back, I asked him if he liked it and he said it was pretty good. So, I guess I tricked him. You really can't taste the pineapples so don't let that stop you from making this because it is so good. I served mine with green beans and 80 calorie Betty Crocker instant potatoes and a biscuit. It was a great meal! I also made a mistake and did not add the oats, but it still cooked well even with those left out. I'll add them next time. I had my onion and green pepper already chopped so this was a very quick meal to cook! Here's the recipe, so you can try it yourself.

Ingredients

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg
garlic powder to taste
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup pineapple preserves


Directions
Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
Add one tablespoon catsup to reserved juice and mix.
Set aside.
Combine drained pineapple, remaining catsup and the next 6 ingredients in a bowl.
Shape into a 8 x 5 inch loaf.
Place loaf on rack in broiler pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush with reserved pineaplle juice mixture.
Bake an additional 15 minutes or until done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment