Asado de Carajay

Grandpa took up cooking lessons with a Spanish chef. Poqueta, my grandmother, probably improvised this recipe by adding soy sauce. I added a little of my own (a dash of clove powder) after I found out that the recipe is very similar to sauerbraten. I always get good feedback from those who got to try it! But first Hey, use your common sense because these measurements are estimates. I never measure!


Asado de Carajay Ingredients:
2 pcs. ox tongue
1 kilo pork
3 tbsps. toyo
1 cup vinegar
2 onions, quartered
1 tbsp. paprika
2 whole chicken
1 bay leaf
grains of black pepper
salt to taste
1 can mushrooms
1/2 kilo potatoes, quartered
2 tbsps. flour
water enough to make tongue and pork tender.


Method
- Cook the chicken with the pepper, salt, garlic, bay leaf, and vinegar.
- When the mixture is dry, add paprika and continue cooking until meat is brown.
- Add the water and cook chicken until tender.
- Add tomatoes and onions.
- Continue simmering a few minutes, or until almost dry

0 comments:

Post a Comment